Virginia Beach Entertainment
Steeped in the natural beauty of the shoreline, winding inlets, and meandering bays, Virginia Beach is the ideal backdrop for a day under the sun, a tour of culinary delights, or a trip to a local museum. The opportunities and activities attract many.
If you’re one of Neptune City’s most recent residents, take a look at our entertainment guide for tips on local favorites. You’ll be pleased to see just how vibrant the cultural scene is!
Spearheaded by the Virginia Beach Restaurants Association, the culinary sphere in this city is tightly knit. Each restauranteur has their take on the foodscape, inspired by local ingredients or international flavors, but they all guarantee you’ll find something to whet your appetite.
- Why not get the lay of the land with a culinary tour? Virginia Beach offers tours of local craft breweries, wineries, and eateries. It’s a great way to canvas the locals for their regular haunts.
- Seafood is a culinary cornerstone in our city. Blue crabs, scallops, rock fish, and oysters are just a sampling of the fare available.
- If you’re looking for a combined adventure, the waters of Chesapeake Bay are often the sight of kayaking wine tours. Stop to shuck an oyster, learn about the merits of merroir, sip a glass of white from the local winery, and paddle in the waters.
PerfectHouse Team Favorites
Our team has been eating in Hampton Roads restaurants for decades. Each one of us has a regular haunt and a favorite hangout, so here’s just a few we’d like to share. For a special evening or welcome to Virginia Beach dinner, we recommend Salt, which is one of the city’s best.
Rooted in a rich history, Virginia Beach has had centuries to develop a lively culture of attractions, whether they be reminders of those beginnings, natural settings created over thousands of years, or new urban experiences.
- Turn back the clock and step back to the Colonial era. The Jamestown Settlement and Colonial Williamsburg are live museums, where costume and artifacts recreate the days of Virginia past. Engage in history and experience life centuries ago.
- Possibly the most iconic attraction, the Boardwalk is a three mile stretch of entertainment. It’s much more than just waterfront, with each block hosting restaurants, museums and hotels. Rent a beach cruiser to float down the path, stopping off for cheap eats or a walk along the pier.
Looking to learn more about the green spaces of Virginia Beach? Head over to our parks & recreation page for even more details about parks like Mount Trashmore.
Arts & Culture
From the outdoor venues to quiet galleries, arts and culture in Virginia Beach is well and alive. Institutions like the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art offer permanent and traveling exhibits, while impromptu installations like the Chalk the Walk ARTsplosion bring splashes of color to our city streets.
If you’d like to see a live performance, Virginia Beach’s theatres are constantly staging everything from musicals to musicians. Start your search with Broadway at the Center, Little Theatre of Virginia Beach, or the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, just a sampling of Virginia Beach venues.