DIY Glow In The Dark Checkers!!
This Is Such A Fun Craft That You And Your Kids Will Use For Years!
Glow in the Dark Checker Set
- (1) 1,000-piece bag of glow in the dark pony beads
- (1) 12-cup non-stick muffin pan
- (1) 20-inch wide straw beach mat
- Masking tape
- Paint brush
- Assorted glow in the dark acrylic paints
2. Fill each cup of the muffin pan with a single layer of the pink/blue/orange beads. Try to get as many as you can in each cup without stacking them on top of each other.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 F. Once it is the correct temperature, put the muffin pan in the oven for 20 minutes. The beads will melt into solid disks. (This will make your kitchen smell like plastic, so you may want to open a window while baking.)
4. Let the disks cool for 10 minutes and then pop them out of the muffin pan. Repeat this process to make a set of 12 green/yellow/white checkers.
5. To make the checker board, lay the beach mat out in front of you. Use your ruler and pencil to locate and mark the center of the mat. Draw an 18″ x 18″ square in the center of the mat. Draw lines to divide the square into a grid of 2.25″ squares. Then draw a 1-2″ border around the entire square.
6. Use the masking tape to tape around the outside of the border. This will give your board a finished, clean line.
7. Using a lighter color, paint the border around the grid. Let this dry.
8. Paint in the squares of the grid with alternating colors to create the game board.
9. Once all the paint has dried, remove the masking tape. Your Glow in the Dark Checker Board Set is all ready! Just remember to let it sit out in the sun or under a strong lamp before using it. This helps it glow!
Photos And Content Provided By: Babble Newsletter