- Millions of older Americans are at risk for hunger. In 2014, 10.2 million older Americans faced the threat of hunger, representing 15.8% of adults aged 60+ in the U.S.
- Food insecurity is growing among older adults. The food insecurity rate for all senior households was 7.8% in 2016, down slightly from the year before but up from 5.5% in 2001. At the same time, the percentage of seniors facing the threat of hunger has more than doubled.
- Canned veggies
- Cans of chicken or tuna
- Protein bars
- Peanut butter crackers
- Fruit cups
- Boxes of mac and cheese
- Trail mixes with nuts and fruit
- Jars or cans of spaghetti sauces (different types)
- Boxes of Pasta
- Dried beef
- Canned milk
- Almond milk (unsweetened)
- Lunch meat
Bags are intended to get them through the month with needed foods for meals in their homes. While they appreciate any donation, from funds to time to food, they do ask that donated food items follow the above guidance.
For more information such as where/how to drop off items for the bags, please contact Pamela Laurens via email (Pamela@PerfectHouse.com) or via text/phone call: 757-235-5010.
We will be there... and hope to see you, too!
The Perfect House Team
Call or text us at: 757-335-6111